All our stores are currently open 10am-5pm daily! However all Book Club meetings have been cancelled for the forseeable future.
We are processing web orders, and phone orders for home delivery and Australia Post, as well as Click & Collect orders.
Please order on line, contact us on 03 9690 2227 or email us at email@example.com.
Thanks, Avenue Bookstore teamholding Avenue Book Club Meetings until we are advised that it is safe to do so.
About Avenue Book Club
We love to discuss books. While we’re happy to do it every day in our stores (just ask us!), we love to spend a dedicated hour or two diving into tomorrow’s bestsellers, lost classics, our favourite new novels, award-winners and works that challenge and charm us. Join us!
Each month, we choose a novel, classic, biography, history or work of nonfiction to discuss, with Avenue booksellers leading rousing discussions over several nights at all three stores. Sharing our ideas brings a greater enjoyment and understanding to our reading, and it offers us the chance to experience books we wouldn’t have otherwise found. (Please note: book club takes a summer break in December and January, so we can tackle a longer book for discussion each February.)
- There’s no membership fee.
- Use your Avenue Bookstore Card (or sign up for one!) to earn double points on each book club pick.
- We provide wine and nibbles at each book club meeting held in store over several weekdays each month starting at 7pm and usually finishing around 8.30pm.
- Avenue booksellers facilitate respectful, welcoming discussions.
- We email book club members each month with the following month’s meeting dates. We ask that members RSVP so we can monitor numbers and close off dates as needed.
- Book club meetings are strictly for members only. RSVP is essential.
Our Albert Park Book Club is unfortunately at capacity and not currently open to new members, but we have plenty of spots still available for our Elsternwick and Richmond groups. If you're interested in signing up click here to express your interest.